Sunday 22 December 2013

Oldhammer - Hrothyogg Ogre Captain

Credit where it is due, the paint scheme is a direct copy of the fine work by Stone Cold Lead. His work is always exceptional and I can browse his blog for ages soaking up the inspiration.

This is Hrothyogg, he is an Ogre Captain. In the warhammer armies book you could hire ogres as mecenaries. They come in squards of 5 + the Captain and cost a truck load of points. Back when I was a kid I would use the plastic ogres from hero quest in my Orc and Goblin army. Those plastic ogres are long gone and looked crap to be honest. 

I have Skraag the slaughter still to paint and in a pinch could strip and repaint 2 of my maruader ogres. I can't say I like the puff and slash marauder ogres but there are enough fans out there that they go for crazy prices. If I am honest I will probably scrounge up 2 more Jes Ogres from ebay to complete the unit, but not this year. I have spent too much already.
I can improve the basing but otherwise I am stoked with this model.
Not much going on at the back.
3 Ogres, on the way to a unit of 6.

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved the old Ogres... the new ones are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. The old ogres have loads more character. The new ones look all the same to me.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.